Christian environmental stewardship is something we began to consider as a church in 2018 after our Bible Study called Talk About, based around climate change and our response to caring for the world God has created
We stopped using paper and plastic cups and bought reusable ones for example. Each month we had a hint in the bulletin. However, we are now moving that to a link on the website.
How much do you do to care for God’s planet which he asked us to care for along with all the other acts of his creation, birds, beasts, insects, flora and fauna?
Each month there will be a hint or link to encourage you to be more caring in your stewardship of God’s creation. There is also an opportunity for practical care through the Ebenezer Community Garden.
So, as we start 2021 our hints are:
- Consider a renewable energy provider for your household gas and electricity.
- Use wax wraps for your sandwiches instead of snappy bags.
- Get a garden composter and recycle your food waste.
- Have a go at growing your own vegetables. Buy a grow bag or make a plot in your garden.
- Choose new plants for your garden this year that are bee and butterfly friendly.
- Reconsider your household waste; what more can be recycled?
- Click here to learn about how to use less plastic
- Go on a litter walk…take a hand grabber and clear a short walk by your home.
- Try out an environmentally friendly hard shampoo.
- Go for a walk amd take a photograph of something that you appreciate in the environment. Post to #COP26 #FaithClimate Action.
- Find out more about our church garden project and recycling ideas
- Plant some fruit or vegetables such as onions or strawberries.