EDEN – Ebenezer Developing, Encouraging, Nurturing
Utilising the church grounds in practical ways i.e growing veggies, flowers, shrubs etc. (allotment gardens).
Reaching out into our local community so that they become part of us and we become part of them.
Socialise with people living around us by working together in an “allotment” style setting. Growing stuff, developing friendships, sharing together (including the produce), helping each other in practical ways etc.
- We want to utilise the church grounds in practical, productive ways by growing, caring, learning about stuff.
- Developing a number of small growing beds for veggies, fruit, flowers, shrubs etc.
- Get people involved – only a small core number of people (m
- Ebenezer Chapel
- Maybe 2 or 3) are needed to start the project.
- Creating opportunities to ‘sow seeds’ in the church and the local community.
- Opportunities for children’s & youth ministries to get involved (mini gardens?).
- Environmental care encouraged including composting principals, worm farms etc.
- Socialise, befriend, encourage, support, minister to and nurture people (ourselves and others).
- Grow other activities e.g – community cafe/drop-in centre etc. (as the church grows).
- Casual supporters welcome e.g, tea, coffee, snack makers etc. – generally, friendly faces needed!
- We get to eat what we grow! (flowers, trees and shrubs not included).